Get your child ready for success in Kindergarten and beyond with free Pre-Kindergarten For All! The Pre-K For All (PKA) application period begins February 5th and is open to all children born in 2015 who are currently residing or will be residing in New York City during the application process. More information on PKA and the enrollment process can be found on the New York City Department of Education’s website. Families who wish to apply to Riverdale Montessori School must indicate XAOS on the application, and XAOR for Kingsbridge Montessori School. If your child is currently enrolled in our preschool program, you must indicate so on the application—this will guarantee your child a spot for the 2019/2020 school year.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (718) 543-4884 or visit NYCDOE’s website.
Who can apply to Pre-K?
- Families with children born in 2015
- New York City residents
- Students who move to NYC during the admissions process Get More Information >
- Students with disabilities Get More Information >
- Students whose home language is a language other than English. No program may deny admission, registration, or enrollment to a student based on the student’s fluency or perceived fluency in English.
- Students in Temporary Housing can apply to Pre-K even if their housing situation is uncertain. They do not need paperwork to apply to schools, accept an offer, or enroll in a school.
What an incredible journey it’s been from September as we now enter the last month of the school year. We’re wrapping up academic themes and preparing for end of year activities and graduation for our Pre-K for All students. Below are some updates you don’t want to miss.
Donuts with Dads (RMS)
Friday, June 14th, 10am
It’s your special day, Dad! We invite dads of all kinds to join us for a Father’s Day celebration at Riverdale Montessori School. This is a wonderful opportunity to visit your child’s classroom, see some of his/her special projects, and network with other parents. You donut want to miss it!
Friday, June 21st
10am-11am: Riverdale Montessori School
11:30am-12:30pm: Kingsbridge Montessori School (St. James Episcopal Church)
It’s time for our Pre-K students to take the next step into their academic journey.
Summer Camp – ENROLLING NOW!
There’s still time to enroll your child in summer camp. Half-day and full-day spots are available for children ages 2-6. Call or visit us in person to secure your seat.
Universal Pre-K offers letters can be accepted beginning April 20th. Please visit our school with your acceptance letter and required documents by May 9th to register and hold your child’s space for the 2017/2018 school year. For more information call (718) 543-4884.
Due to extreme weather conditions expected to affect New York City on Tuesday, March 14th Riverdale and Kingsbridge Montessori Schools will be closed for a snow day on Tuesday, March 14, 2017.
New York City Public School Closure and Delays
Thursday, March 30th is Picture Day! Capture your child’s preschool memories with an official school portrait. Our experienced photographers will take individual photos of your child and a class photo with their teachers and classmates.
Order forms will be sent home detailing the photo packages available. Please fill it out and return to Ms. Elizabeth or one of your child’s teachers before Wednesday, March 29th. Pre-K students have the option of taking pictures in regular clothing or cap and gown. Cap and gown will be provided by the photographer. All payments must be made in cash.
Picture Day Tips
- Be sure to bring your child to school on picture day. Even if you do not plan to order photos of your child, we still want him/her to be included in the class photo.
- Help your child choose an outfit that you both like. We recommend something he/she will be comfortable wearing throughout the day. For a timeless photo, avoid dressing your child in clothing with logos and pictures.
- Practice taking portraits with your child at home. This will help ease any discomfort sitting for a professional photo. Remember, your child’s teacher and a professional photographer will be there to help him/her get comfortable in front of the camera, but anything you can do at home to prepare is welcomed.
- Avoid jewelry and accessories. Please do not send your child to school wearing any expensive jewelry or accessories. We are not responsible for any lost or damaged items.
- Think simple when it comes to hair. Elaborate hairstyles can come undone during morning playtime before photos are taken. Try to style your child’s hair simply. We will smooth flyaways and make minor fixes as needed , but cannot maintain elaborate hairdos.
- Don’t worry about perfection. Your child’s individuality will shine through their portrait no matter what and we will do our best to ensure that your child has a beautiful portrait to keep for years.