Thursday, March 30th is Picture Day! Capture your child’s preschool memories with an official school portrait. Our experienced photographers will take individual photos of your child and a class photo with their teachers and classmates.
Order forms will be sent home detailing the photo packages available. Please fill it out and return to Ms. Elizabeth or one of your child’s teachers before Wednesday, March 29th. Pre-K students have the option of taking pictures in regular clothing or cap and gown. Cap and gown will be provided by the photographer. All payments must be made in cash.
Picture Day Tips
- Be sure to bring your child to school on picture day. Even if you do not plan to order photos of your child, we still want him/her to be included in the class photo.
- Help your child choose an outfit that you both like. We recommend something he/she will be comfortable wearing throughout the day. For a timeless photo, avoid dressing your child in clothing with logos and pictures.
- Practice taking portraits with your child at home. This will help ease any discomfort sitting for a professional photo. Remember, your child’s teacher and a professional photographer will be there to help him/her get comfortable in front of the camera, but anything you can do at home to prepare is welcomed.
- Avoid jewelry and accessories. Please do not send your child to school wearing any expensive jewelry or accessories. We are not responsible for any lost or damaged items.
- Think simple when it comes to hair. Elaborate hairstyles can come undone during morning playtime before photos are taken. Try to style your child’s hair simply. We will smooth flyaways and make minor fixes as needed , but cannot maintain elaborate hairdos.
- Don’t worry about perfection. Your child’s individuality will shine through their portrait no matter what and we will do our best to ensure that your child has a beautiful portrait to keep for years.
Due to extreme weather conditions expected to affect New York City on Monday, January 26th into Tuesday, January 27th, Riverdale and Kingsbridge Montessori Schools will be closed for a snow day on Tuesday, January 27, 2015.
Please check your local news for further closures. If New York City Public Schools are closed for a snow, we will be closed for a snow day.
It has come to our attention that previous versions of our school calendars had the incorrect dates for Spring Recess. KMS and RMS will be closed from April 3rd until April 10th for Spring Recess 2015. School reopens on April 13th. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact either school.
Amidst the new requirements regarding the influenza vaccine we’d like to take this time to address some of your questions and concerns. As of January 2014, all children age 6 months to 5 years old that are currently enrolled in a city regulated childcare facility are required to be vaccinated against the influenza virus.
At this time we understand that this is a new mandate and there are many of you who do not believe in vaccinating your child for medical, religious, and/or personal reasons. While we are still in the process of determining what this means for our students and our school as a facility overseen by the New York City Department of Health, the entity by which this requirement is regulated, we must follow this new law as closely as possible.
If your child has been vaccinated, please provide documentation as proof that your child received the vaccine between July 1, 2014 and December 31, 2014.
If your child has not been vaccinated, please make arrangements to do so as soon as possible. We know that many pediatric offices have run out of the vaccine and there may be a long wait time, but we ask that you do your best to get your child vaccinated. As this time, we do know that Riverdale Pediatrics located at 2600 Netherland Ave, Suite 120 currently has the vaccine in stock. Please contact them directly at (718) 796-2580 for further updates.
If you do not wish to vaccinate your child due to medical reasons please let us know as there is a form that your child’s health care provider will have to complete and return to us.
If you do not wish to vaccinate your child due to personal reasons, you must submit a letter from your child’s doctor stating that he/she is in good physical health along with a letter stating why you will not be vaccinating your child.
If you have further questions, please call the school at which your child attends.