Due to extreme weather conditions expected to affect New York City on Tuesday, March 14th Riverdale and Kingsbridge Montessori Schools will be closed for a snow day on Tuesday, March 14, 2017.
Thursday, March 30th is Picture Day! Capture your child’s preschool memories with an official school portrait. Our experienced photographers will take individual photos of your child and a class photo with their teachers and classmates.
Order forms will be sent home detailing the photo packages available. Please fill it out and return to Ms. Elizabeth or one of your child’s teachers before Wednesday, March 29th. Pre-K students have the option of taking pictures in regular clothing or cap and gown. Cap and gown will be provided by the photographer. All payments must be made in cash.
Picture Day Tips
- Be sure to bring your child to school on picture day. Even if you do not plan to order photos of your child, we still want him/her to be included in the class photo.
- Help your child choose an outfit that you both like. We recommend something he/she will be comfortable wearing throughout the day. For a timeless photo, avoid dressing your child in clothing with logos and pictures.
- Practice taking portraits with your child at home. This will help ease any discomfort sitting for a professional photo. Remember, your child’s teacher and a professional photographer will be there to help him/her get comfortable in front of the camera, but anything you can do at home to prepare is welcomed.
- Avoid jewelry and accessories. Please do not send your child to school wearing any expensive jewelry or accessories. We are not responsible for any lost or damaged items.
- Think simple when it comes to hair. Elaborate hairstyles can come undone during morning playtime before photos are taken. Try to style your child’s hair simply. We will smooth flyaways and make minor fixes as needed , but cannot maintain elaborate hairdos.
- Don’t worry about perfection. Your child’s individuality will shine through their portrait no matter what and we will do our best to ensure that your child has a beautiful portrait to keep for years.